Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org> on 2004/11/30 13:45:17 UTC

Re: Roadmaps (was Spring dreaming ...)

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 00:34:54 -0800, Craig McClanahan wrote:
>�Tell me again why it is ok for Stuts 1.x to require more
>�configuration files than Shale does :-)

It's not OK, which is why the latest proposed roadmap mentions combining the configurations. All three configurations support partial and multiple files, so combining them should not be difficult. People could then use the existing files or combined then in anyway they pleased. (I forget why we didn't do this in the first place.) I'll take a minute to update the website tonight, before getting on to my other todo items.

Speaking of todos, is there more to be done on the struts-faces taglib? Or is that ready for a release vote?

The struts-faces taglib seems like a great way to introduce people to JSF on the frontend.

Hopefully, the work on Struts 1.3.x will enable people to migrate the guts of Struts Actions to Chain Commands. In terms of providing a clear migration path, Chain is important since it could work equally well for Struts or JSF applications. Then, there will be a way for people to migrate both pages and Actions, and the JSF leap becomes  a baby step.

-Ted.

Re: Roadmaps (was Spring dreaming ...)

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 07:45:17 -0500, Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org> wrote:

> Speaking of todos, is there more to be done on the struts-faces taglib? Or is that ready for a release vote?

There are two outstanding bugs ... 32014 and 32370.  The latter is
fairly straightforward, the former is a must fix (the current wrapper
that was added for MyFaces compatibility breaks the servlet API rules,
but changing that makes Tiles not work).  I'd also like to see MyFaces
get to the point where it can actually run with Struts (since lots of
people will try it) -- as of 1.0.7 they still had some bugs (which I
filed in their SF bugtracking system a while back).

Craig