Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Vinicius Carvalho <ja...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/02 15:08:22 UTC

Validation question

Hello there! I need to validate my fields by hand (table component
navigation issues :) )

I'd like to know if its possible to use the validators on my listener
instead of binding them? If so, how?

For instance:

IFormComponent name = (IFormComponent)getComponent("name");
//validate the name using required + maxlength ...

How can I accomplish this? Also, I need to record the errors to my delegate

Best Regards

--
IBM Certified SOA Solution Designer

Re: Validation question

Posted by Vinicius Carvalho <ja...@gmail.com>.
Never mind, I'm using commons-validator for that. I really would like
to see a way of bypassing validation on the table component
navigation, clearing the delegate for the form after the component
finish rendering??? I wonder if it is a validation request for a JIRA
enhancement?

Regards