Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com> on 2003/08/19 21:29:13 UTC

Classloading from flow (was [Fwd: RE: Calling Java classes from (JXForms) javascript - can you? how?])

Here's a message from users where a guy figured out that his class had
to be under the current sitemap context directory to be found by flow.

- Is this a correct explanation of the current state?
- Is this the way it should work?  Shouldn't classes/jars in WEB-INF be
found as well?

Geoff

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com>.
There's absolutely no reason that could lead classes to be loaded from
the sitemap directory: Cocoon does not define any classloader, except
the XSP classloader (which doesn't use the sitemap directory).

So classloading is performed by the servlet engine, meaning jar files in
WEB-INF/lib and classes in WEB-INF/classes.

So point 1/ about Packages.dir.dir.class is valid, but point 2/ is not.

Sylvain

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com>.

Posted by Reinhard Pötz <re...@gmx.net>.

For me everythink works well. Classes in WEB-INF/classes are found.

Cheers,
Reinhard