Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Craig Michael Nathan <cn...@MEconomy.com> on 2001/02/06 07:58:20 UTC

3 errors w/: (1) 3.2.1 and explicit classes (2) (3)

Howdy,

Two errors:
(1)  I have a working 3.2 installation, and can execute:
   http://myserver.meconomy.com/context/servlet/com.meconomy.test.Hh
and it works.
With 3.2.1 I am getting "Not found".  However,
   http://myserver.meconomy.com/context/servlet/testServlet
works fine.

(2)  Figuring this was something that was "fixed" in 3.2.1, I decided
to try to use the web.xml file and specified:

  <web-app>
    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>HH</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>com.meconomy.test.Hh</servlet-class>
    </servlet>
  </web-app>

But got nothing.  When I replaced servlet-class with:
        <servlet-class>testServlet</servlet-class>
it works fine.

(3) I then tried adding:

    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>
                HH
        </servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>
                /hh
        </url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

to either installation, in attempt to try one of:
   http://myserver.meconomy.com/context/servlet/hh
   http://myserver.meconomy.com/context/hh
   http://myserver.meconomy.com/hh

but none produced anything but "Not Found".

I've migrated back to 3.2, but would like the benefits of 3.2.1.
Anyone with any ideas / help?

                        Thanks in advance,

                                -Craig Nathan

P.S.  Please cc this address as I'm not a regular subscriber
of this list.  Thanks!

Craig Michael Nathan
Chief Technology Officer
MEconomy, Inc.