Posted to user@lucenenet.apache.org by George Aroush <ge...@aroush.net> on 2009/10/08 04:02:17 UTC

RE: Port of Java Lucene 2.9 is under way

I'm working on it.  It will be another week or so before I have an alpha or
beta release.  This is talking me longer than previous ports due to 1)
considerable new files are added, 2) a good deal of refactoring was
introduced in 2.9.

I wish I can divide the work of the initial port, and ask the community for
help, but that's just not possible due to the way initial ports are done.

-- George

Posted by Shashi Kant <sh...@gmail.com>.
This too has come up previously - we really need more contributors
(committers) to Lucene.net.

Posted by George Aroush <ge...@aroush.net>.
That's the goal.  After this port, we should be able to grab SVN commits
into Java Lucene and port only those commits over.  Then, the port will be
open to everyone.

-- George

Posted by Matt Honeycutt <mb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matt Honeycutt <mb...@gmail.com>.