Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by Miguel Tena <mi...@gtd.es> on 2006/03/01 18:03:03 UTC

How to specify a DTD file not included in the XML file.

Is there a way to tell the DOM parser which DTD file to use without having
it specified in the XML file?

I would like to validate a XML file that does not have a declaration of this
kind:

<!DOCTYPE Frames SYSTEM "Frames.dtd">

Thanks in advance.

Miguel

Re: How to specify a DTD file not included in the XML file.

Posted by Serge Skorokhodov <uc...@gmail.com>.

> > I tried to subscribe to Xerces-C list several times but failed (the
> > page said there is no such a mail-list:(
>
> You can subscribe to the user list at this email address:
>
> c-users-subscribe@xerces.apache.org
>
> I just tried subscribing an email account of mine that is not already
> subscribed, and was successful.

Thanks, it worked. I guess it was a temporary problem.
--
The fish singing in Ucayaly river

Re: How to specify a DTD file not included in the XML file.

Posted by David Bertoni <db...@apache.org>.
Serge Skorokhodov wrote:
>>> Is there a way to tell the DOM parser which DTD file to use without
>>> having it specified in the XML file?
>>>

>>> I would like to validate a XML file that does not have a declaration of
>>> this kind:
>>>
>>> <!DOCTYPE Frames SYSTEM "Frames.dtd">
>>>

>> This is a question about Xerces-C, so you will need to ask it on the
>> Xerces-C users list.
>>

> I tried to subscribe to Xerces-C list several times but failed (the
> page said there is no such a mail-list:(

You can subscribe to the user list at this email address:

c-users-subscribe@xerces.apache.org

I just tried subscribing an email account of mine that is not already
subscribed, and was successful.

Dave

Re: How to specify a DTD file not included in the XML file.

Posted by Serge Skorokhodov <uc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Bertoni <db...@apache.org>.