Posted to dev@ws.apache.org by Gregory Lapouchnian <gl...@redhat.com> on 2005/09/19 19:05:11 UTC

Re: svn commit: r289897 - in /webservices/commons/trunk/XmlSchema: ./ src/org/apache/axis/xsd/enum/ src/org/apache/axis/xsd/xml/schema/ test-resources/ test/ test/tests/

Hi Glen,

My teammate Patrick Smith and I are working on a new feature for the
JOnAS application server where we need to deal with XML schemas so we've
been looking at XmlSchema project to see if it could help us out.

The one problem we encountered when we ran it on j2ee_1_4.xsd was this
exception:
org.apache.axis.xsd.enum.Enum$EnumValueException: Bad Enumeration value
'Qualified'
	at org.apache.axis.xsd.enum.Enum.setValue(Enum.java:95)
	at org.apache.axis.xsd.enum.Enum.<init>(Enum.java:73)
	at
org.apache.axis.xsd.xml.schema.XmlSchemaForm.<init>(XmlSchemaForm.java:92)
	at org.apache.axis.xsd.xml.schema.SchemaBuilder.getFormDefault
(SchemaBuilder.java:1775)

We've looked at the code and found this strange piece of code in
SchemaBuilder.getFormDefault() where it converts the first letter of the
elementFormDefault's value to upper case. But the setValue() in
XmlSchemaForm (which extends Enum) can only accept all lower-case
values.

I am attaching a small patch to one of your test-cases that will
reproduce the problem.

--
Gregory Lapouchnian <gl...@redhat.com>
Red Hat Canada