Posted to dev@continuum.apache.org by "Orford, Ian" <Ia...@dkib.com> on 2007/04/16 16:45:39 UTC

Issues with getting 1.1-SNAPSHOT started

I hope addressing this to continuum-dev is correct.

I've been using 1.0.3 for some time now, but thought I'd check out
1.1-SNAPSHOT just to see what good things I can look forward to, or even
to start using it if it's stable.

I've build it and got the war file. I'm trying to deploy this on my
build server using winstone as the container.

First off, is there any reason why winstone isn't a good choice for a
basic container into which I can deploy this war? If it's not, what's a
good alternative?

Are there any notes I can look at re configuration? I'm getting the
following.....

Thanks in advance,
Ian

[Winstone 2007/04/16 15:30:50] - Beginning extraction from war file
[webapp 2007/04/16 15:30:53] - Loading plexus context properties from:
'/WEB-INF/plexus.properties'
[webapp 2007/04/16 15:30:53] - Could not load plexus context properties
from: '/WEB-INF/plexus.properties'
log4j:ERROR setFile(null,true) call failed.
java.io.FileNotFoundException: /logs/continuum.log (No such file or
directory)
        at java.io.FileOutputStream.openAppend(Native Method)
        at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:177)
        at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:102)
        at org.apache.log4j.FileAppender.setFile(FileAppender.java:272)
        at
org.apache.log4j.FileAppender.activateOptions(FileAppender.java:151)
        at
org.apache.log4j.DailyRollingFileAppender.activateOptions(DailyRollingFi
leAppender.java:206)
        at
org.apache.log4j.config.PropertySetter.activate(PropertySetter.java:247)
        at
org.apache.log4j.config.PropertySetter.setProperties(PropertySetter.java
:123)
        at
org.apache.log4j.config.PropertySetter.setProperties(PropertySetter.java
:87)
        at
org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.parseAppender(PropertyConfigurator
.java:645)
        at
org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.parseCategory(PropertyConfigurator
.java:603)
        at
org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.configureRootCategory(PropertyConf
igurator.java:500)
        at
org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.doConfigure(PropertyConfigurator.j
ava:406)
        at
org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.configure(PropertyConfigurator.jav
a:340)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.logging.log4j.Log4JLoggerManager.start(Log4JLoggerMa
nager.java:299)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.personality.plexus.lifecycle.phase.StartPhase.execut
e(StartPhase.java:33)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.lifecycle.AbstractLifecycleHandler.start(AbstractLif
ecycleHandler.java:128)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.manager.AbstractComponentManager.startComp
onentLifecycle(AbstractComponentManager.java:142)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.manager.AbstractComponentManager.createCom
ponentInstance(AbstractComponentManager.java:132)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.manager.ClassicSingletonComponentManager.g
etComponent(ClassicSingletonComponentManager.java:90)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultComponentLookupManager.lookup(DefaultComponen
tLookupManager.java:147)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultComponentLookupManager.lookupMap(DefaultCompo
nentLookupManager.java:199)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.lookupMap(DefaultPlexusContai
ner.java:309)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.lookupMap(DefaultPlexusContai
ner.java:303)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.container.initialization.InitializeLoggerManagerPhas
e.initializeCoreComponent(InitializeLoggerManagerPhase.java:47)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.container.initialization.AbstractCoreComponentInitia
lizationPhase.execute(AbstractCoreComponentInitializationPhase.java:37)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.initializePhases(DefaultPlexu
sContainer.java:886)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.initialize(DefaultPlexusConta
iner.java:834)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.construct(DefaultPlexusContai
ner.java:811)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.<init>(DefaultPlexusContainer
.java:222)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.<init>(DefaultPlexusContainer
.java:260)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.xwork.PlexusLifecycleListener.contextInitialized(Ple
xusLifecycleListener.java:76)
        at
winstone.WebAppConfiguration.<init>(WebAppConfiguration.java:885)
        at
winstone.HostConfiguration.initWebApp(HostConfiguration.java:131)
        at winstone.HostConfiguration.<init>(HostConfiguration.java:73)
        at winstone.HostGroup.initHost(HostGroup.java:85)
        at winstone.HostGroup.<init>(HostGroup.java:45)
        at winstone.Launcher.<init>(Launcher.java:194)
        at winstone.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:389)

--
This e-mail is confidential and the information contained in it may be privileged.  It should not be read, copied or used by anyone other than the intended recipient.  If you have received it in error, please contact the sender immediately by telephoning +44 (0)20 7623 8000 or by return email, and delete the e-mail and do not disclose its contents to any person.  We believe, but do not warrant, that this e-mail and any attachments are virus free, but you must take full responsibility for virus checking.  Please refer to http://www.dresdnerkleinwort.com/disc/email/ and read our e-mail disclaimer statement and monitoring policy.

Dresdner Kleinwort is the trading name of the investment banking division of Dresdner Bank AG, and operates through Dresdner Bank AG, Dresdner Kleinwort Limited, Dresdner Kleinwort Securities Limited and their affiliated or associated companies.  Dresdner Bank AG is a company incorporated in Germany with limited liability and registered in England (registered no. FC007638, place of business 30 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7PG), and is authorised by the German Federal Financial Supervisory Authority and by the Financial Services Authority ('FSA') and regulated by the FSA for the conduct of designated business in the UK.  Dresdner Kleinwort Limited is a company incorporated in England (registered no. 551334, registered office 30 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7PG), and is authorised and regulated by the FSA.  Dresdner Kleinwort Securities Limited is a company incorporated in England (registered no. 1767419, registered office 30 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7PG), and is authorised and regulated by the FSA.

Re: Issues with getting 1.1-SNAPSHOT started

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
What is the version you try?

It seems a jar is missing : java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jdom/Content

Emmanuel

Posted by "Orford, Ian" <Ia...@dkib.com>.
The reason is simple - I didn't see that tar.gz file. Oops.
I'll try this now.
Many thanks, Ian

Posted by David Goemans <d....@tarent.de>.

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
Do you have created a logs directory under the directory defined by appserver.base system property?

Posted by egarza <eg...@irise.com>.
[...]

        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:803)

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

Posted by "Orford, Ian" <Ia...@dkib.com>.
Thanks Emmanuel,

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.