Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Eric Pugh <ep...@opensourceconnections.com> on 2004/11/04 13:18:03 UTC

Ready to call for a vote on Fulcrum compoennts

Hi all,

I am ready to call for a vote on many of the fulcrum components.  Not sure
how to do it, in mass or separately?  I am afraid that separately would be a
lot of email!

I am looking to release the following components:
BSF
Cache
DVSL
Factory
Localization
Mimetype
Naming
OSWorkflow
Pool
Security
Test Container
Upload
XMLRPC
XSLT
Yaafi

These would NOT be included
Configuration
Intake
Parser
Template
Quartz

Eric

RE: Ready to call for a vote on Fulcrum compoennts

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com>.
All the components in Fulcrum are not Turbine specific.  Well, all but one
glaring exception.  Intake is turbine specific because of the parameter
parser.  And personally, I don't see Intake being used outside of Turbine.

What do you think of rolling it back into Turbine?  It feels like part of
what makes Turbine up.  It isn't a generice validation framework by any
means...

I'll get the VOTE call out later today.

Eric

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@collab.net>.
On Thu, 2004-11-04 at 13:18 +0100, Eric Pugh wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am ready to call for a vote on many of the fulcrum components.  Not sure
> how to do it, in mass or separately?  I am afraid that separately would be a
> lot of email!

+1 on the single email approach.