Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Piero Giacomelli <pg...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/30 09:09:42 UTC

new Mahout book

Dear Friends,

after several months of hard work, I am proud to announce that my book
is available on the Amazon web site!

Quick link:Apache Mahout Cookbook <http://goo.gl/YnRbN5>

"Apache Mahout Cookbook" provides a fresh, scope-oriented approach to
the Mahout world for both beginners as well as advanced users.

The book gives an insight on how to write different data mining
algorithms to be used in the Hadoop environment and choose the best one
suiting the task in hand.

Using this book you will learn how to:

- Configure from scratch a full development environment for Mahout with
NetBeans and Maven
- Handle sequencefiles for better performance
- Query and store results into an RDBMS system with SQOOP
- Use logistic regression to predict the next step
- Understand text mining of raw data with Naïve Bayes
- Create and understand clusters
- Customize Mahout to evaluate different cluster algorithms

If we can meet I can sign your copy so in the event of my untimely
death, you could have an author signed copy to sell on Ebay.

Me and the publisher we are really eager to receive your feedback and
suggestions, please feel free to ping me with your comments!

Product home:Packtpub website
<http://www.packtpub.com/apache-mahout-cookbook/book>
Thank you.
Piero