Posted to pylucene-dev@lucene.apache.org by Andi Vajda <va...@apache.org> on 2022/04/22 21:51:56 UTC

[VOTE] Release PyLucene 9.1.0 (rc4)

The PyLucene 9.1.0 (rc4) release tracking last month's release of
Apache Lucene 9.1.0 is ready.

A release candidate is available from:
    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/pylucene/9.1.0-rc4/

PyLucene 9.1.0 is built with JCC 3.12, included in these release artifacts.

JCC 3.12 supports Python 3.3 up to Python 3.9 (in addition to Python 2.3+).
PyLucene may be built with Python 2 or Python 3.

Please vote to release these artifacts as PyLucene 9.1.0.
Anyone interested in this release can and should vote !

Thanks !

Andi..

ps: the KEYS file for PyLucene release signing is at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/lucene/pylucene/KEYS
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/pylucene/KEYS

pps: here is my +1

Re: [VOTE] Release PyLucene 9.1.0 (rc4)

Posted by Dawid Weiss <da...@gmail.com>.
Works for me this time.

+1 to release.

Dawid

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
Thanks for all the testing Andi!

On Wed, Apr 27, 2022 at 12:21 AM Andi Vajda <va...@apache.org> wrote:

> I installed python 3.10.4 on macos from sources.
> It came with setuptools 58.1.0.
>
> I was able to build jcc shared without forcing with_modern_setuptools.
> I then ran pip install --upgrade setuptools and got version 62.1.0.
> I was still able to build jcc shared without forcing
> with_modern_setuptools.
>
> What version of setuptools do you have installed ?

Hmm I currently have 59.3.0:

    Requirement already satisfied: setuptools in
/usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages (59.3.0)

When I fire up python3.10 and import pkg_resources it has neither
SetuptoolsVersion nor extern:

['AvailableDistributions', 'BINARY_DIST', 'CHECKOUT_DIST',
'ContextualVersionConflict', 'DEVELOP_DIST', 'DefaultProvider',
'DistInfoDistribution', 'Distribution', 'DistributionNotFound', 'EGG_DIST',
'EGG_NAME', 'EggInfoDistribution', 'EggMetadata', 'EggProvider',
'EmptyProvider', 'EntryPoint', 'Environment', 'ExtractionError',
'FileMetadata', 'IMetadataProvider', 'IResourceProvider', 'MODULE',
'MemoizedZipManifests', 'NoDists', 'NullProvider', 'PEP440Warning',
'PY_MAJOR', 'PathMetadata', 'PkgResourcesDeprecationWarning',
'Requirement', 'RequirementParseError', 'ResolutionError',
'ResourceManager', 'SOURCE_DIST', 'UnknownExtra', 'VersionConflict',
'WRITE_SUPPORT', 'WorkingSet', 'ZipManifests', 'ZipProvider', '_ReqExtras',
'__all__', '__builtins__', '__cached__', '__doc__', '__file__',
'__getstate__', '__loader__', '__name__', '__package__', '__path__',
'__setstate__', '__spec__', '_always_object', '_by_version_descending',
'_bypass_ensure_directory', '_call_aside', '_cygwin_patch',
'_declare_state', '_distributionImpl', '_distribution_finders',
'_find_adapter', '_handle_ns', '_imp', '_initialize',
'_initialize_master_working_set', '_is_egg_path', '_is_unpacked_egg',
'_is_zip_egg', '_macos_arch', '_macos_vers', '_manager', '_mkstemp',
'_namespace_handlers', '_namespace_packages', '_normalize_cached',
'_parents', '_provider_factories', '_rebuild_mod_path', '_set_parent_ns',
'_sget_dict', '_sget_none', '_sget_object', '_sset_dict', '_sset_none',
'_sset_object', '_state_vars', '_version_from_file',
'add_activation_listener', 'appdirs', 'cached_files', 'cleanup_resources',
'collections', 'compatible_platforms', 'darwinVersionString',
'declare_namespace', 'dist_factory', 'distributions_from_metadata',
'email', 'empty_provider', 'ensure_directory', 'errno', 'evaluate_marker',
'extraction_error', 'extraction_path', 'file_ns_handler',
'find_distributions', 'find_eggs_in_zip', 'find_nothing', 'find_on_path',
'fixup_namespace_packages', 'functools', 'get_build_platform',
'get_cache_path', 'get_default_cache', 'get_distribution',
'get_entry_info', 'get_entry_map', 'get_importer', 'get_platform',
'get_provider', 'get_supported_platform', 'importlib',
'importlib_machinery', 'inspect', 'invalid_marker', 'io', 'isdir',
'issue_warning', 'iter_entry_points', 'itertools', 'load_entry_point',
'macosVersionString', 'mkdir', 'non_empty_lines', 'normalize_path',
'ntpath', 'null_ns_handler', 'operator', 'os', 'os_open', 'packaging',
'parse_requirements', 'parse_version', 'pkgutil', 'platform', 'plistlib',
'posixpath', 'postprocess', 're', 'register_finder',
'register_loader_type', 'register_namespace_handler', 'rename', 'require',
'resolve_egg_link', 'resource_dir', 'resource_exists', 'resource_filename',
'resource_isdir', 'resource_listdir', 'resource_stream', 'resource_string',
'resources_stream', 'run_main', 'run_script', 'safe_extra', 'safe_listdir',
'safe_name', 'safe_version', 'set_extraction_path', 'split',
'split_sections', 'stat', 'sys', 'tempfile', 'textwrap', 'time',
'to_filename', 'types', 'unlink', 'utime', 'warnings', 'working_set',
'yield_lines', 'zipfile', 'zipimport']

Please note it is entirely possible I somehow messed up my Python 3.10
installation!

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Re: [VOTE] Release PyLucene 9.1.0 (rc4)