Posted to dev@aries.apache.org by Holly Cummins <ho...@googlemail.com> on 2012/07/03 19:22:25 UTC

[CANCELLED] [VOTE] Aries util and blueprint.api 1.0.0 release candidates

I agree that we need to get the group id right for this release. At
the moment util is the only bundle with a group id of
org.apache.aries, so it's a bit of an exception to our pattern. I'll
make these changes and respin the release. I'm not entirely convinced
that util-bundle is an improvement on util, but since that only
determines where things are in subversion, and not any externals, I
think we can probably choose what we like. :)

Re: [CANCELLED] [VOTE] Aries util and blueprint.api 1.0.0 release candidates

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
I haven't had a chance to look carefully at what Jeremy is saying, but I think he's probably wrong about util.  Please note that there is only one intended output bundle from all the util stuff.  Everything else is junk needed to build parts against two different osgi levels.

I don't think we need to change the groupId or artifactId of our previous util bundle.  We should probably override the deploy mojo to skip deploy on everything except the intended util bundle.

more later

david jencks