Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Andries Demont <an...@student.kuleuven.be> on 2005/08/25 13:51:02 UTC

uploading large streams

hi all,

Forgive me to ask all this questions, but I'm a student and my thesis
needs jackrabbit. I just know you guys know a lot more of it then I
do, so if anyone would be so kind. You would make me very happy.

I'm trying to upload streams to JCR. When I use to big files I get an
out of memory error.

Extending the size of memory of java is not an option. Because some
files can take over 1 Gbyte.

I upload the files with this line:

for instance:

node1.setProperty("White Flag.mp3", new FileInputStream
("helpcontent\\White Flag.mp3"));

Re: uploading large streams

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <ma...@gmx.net>.
Hi Andries,

could you please provide some more information on the jackrabbit
configuration you are using?

I quickly checked with the default config we use for testing, which is:
- ObjectPersistenceManager + CQFileSystem

uploading a 100 meg file did not increase memory consumption noticably.
the JVM was fine with a heap size of about 5 megs.

regards
  marcel

Re: uploading large streams

Posted by Stefan Guggisberg <st...@gmail.com>.
hi andries,

On 8/25/05, Andries Demont <an...@student.kuleuven.be> wrote:
> hi all,
>
> Forgive me to ask all this questions, but I'm a student and my thesis
> needs jackrabbit. I just know you guys know a lot more of it then I
> do, so if anyone would be so kind. You would make me very happy.
>
> I'm trying to upload streams to JCR. When I use to big files I get an
> out of memory error.

erm, that shouldn't happen, seems to be a bug. i need more information
regarding your environment:

- jvm heap size
- size of file that causes the OutOfMemoryException
- configuration (repository.xml/workspace.xml)
- are you running jackrabbit stand-alone or within an app server?

cheers
stefan