Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Davide Giannella <da...@apache.org> on 2015/10/30 12:41:48 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.3.9 released

The Apache Jackrabbit community is pleased to announce the release of
Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.3.9 The release is available for download at:

    http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.html

See the full release notes below for details about this release:

Release Notes -- Apache Jackrabbit Oak -- Version 1.3.9

Introduction
------------

Jackrabbit Oak is a scalable, high-performance hierarchical content
repository designed for use as the foundation of modern world-class
web sites and other demanding content applications.

Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.3.9 is an unstable release cut directly from
Jackrabbit Oak trunk, with a focus on new features and other
improvements. For production use we recommend the latest stable 1.2.x
release.

The Oak effort is a part of the Apache Jackrabbit project.
Apache Jackrabbit is a project of the Apache Software Foundation.

New configuration in 1.3.9
--------------------------

Providing the start-up parameter `-Doak.query.sql2optimisation` will
enable the experimental feature OAK-1617 that performs another round
of optimisations on top of a SQL2 query.

Changes in Oak 1.3.9
--------------------

Technical task

    [OAK-3540] - DocumentStore tests: use named parametrization

Bug

    [OAK-2660] - Wrong result when using multiple OR conditions, with
    a Lucene full-text index
    [OAK-2689] - Test failure: QueryResultTest.testGetSize
    [OAK-3156] - Lucene suggestions index definition can't be
    restricted to a specific type of node
    [OAK-3311] - Potential NPE in syncAllExternalUsers() aborts the
    process
    [OAK-3451] - OrderedIndexIT fails
    [OAK-3510] - Troublesome ExternalIdentityRef.equals(Object)
    implementation
    [OAK-3511] - Test failure: CompactionMapTest.removeSome
    [OAK-3513] - Session save going through despite repository being
    shutdown causing reindex flag to reset
    [OAK-3517] - Node.addNode(String, String) may check
    nt-mgt-permission against the wrong node
    [OAK-3530] - TreeTypeProvider returns wrong type for version
    related node type definitions
    [OAK-3541] - VersionableState.copy doesn't respect OPV flag in the
    subtree
    [OAK-3549] - Initial read of _lastRev creates incorrect
    RevisionComparator
    [OAK-3551] - Failing version restore tests

Documentation

    [OAK-3515] - Document how to create diagnostic builds
    [OAK-3521] - Improve migration documentation

Improvement

    [OAK-1617] - Automatically convert "or" queries to "union" for
    SQL-2
    [OAK-3054] - IndexStatsMBean should provide some details if the
    async indexing is failing
    [OAK-3300] - Include parameter descriptions in test output when
    running parameterised tests
    [OAK-3330] - FileStore lock contention with concurrent writers
    [OAK-3409] - CompositeRegistration.unregister diagnostics not
    helpful
    [OAK-3486] - Wrong evaluation of NOT NOT clause (see OAK-3371)
    [OAK-3503] - Upgrade Maven Bundle Plugin to 3.0.0
    [OAK-3504] - CopyOnRead directory should not schedule a copy task
    for non existent file
    [OAK-3505] - Provide an optionally stricter policy for missing
    synchronous index editor providers
    [OAK-3506] - Uniformization of compaction log messages
    [OAK-3518] - Consistently add annotations to DefaultSync* classes
    [OAK-3528] - Unchecked assignements in calls to performVoid()
    [OAK-3531] - Oak Explorer: add segment GC roots report
    [OAK-3533] - Make it possible to disable
    LuceneIndexProviderService via OSGi configuration
    [OAK-3539] - Document interface should have entrySet() in addition
    to keySet()
    [OAK-3544] - o.a.j.o.api should not depend on Guava
    [OAK-3545] - Refactor tree type information into plugins/tree
    package
    [OAK-3546] - Improve ObservationManagerImpl timeout message
    [OAK-3548] - Improve permission evaluation for version store items

New Feature

    [OAK-865] - Expose repository management data and statistics
    [OAK-3543] - Add ReadOnlyVersionManager.getVersionable

Task

    [OAK-3520] - Increase test coverage

Wish

    [OAK-3415] - AccessControlValidator:
    checkValidAccessControlledNode should mention node name in error
    message

In addition to the above-mentioned changes, this release contains
all changes included up to the Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.2.x release.

For more detailed information about all the changes in this and other
Oak releases, please see the Oak issue tracker at

  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OAK

Release Contents
----------------

This release consists of a single source archive packaged as a zip file.
The archive can be unpacked with the jar tool from your JDK installation.
See the README.md file for instructions on how to build this release.

The source archive is accompanied by SHA1 and MD5 checksums and a PGP
signature that you can use to verify the authenticity of your download.
The public key used for the PGP signature can be found at
http://www.apache.org/dist/jackrabbit/KEYS.

About Apache Jackrabbit Oak
---------------------------

Jackrabbit Oak is a scalable, high-performance hierarchical content
repository designed for use as the foundation of modern world-class
web sites and other demanding content applications.

The Oak effort is a part of the Apache Jackrabbit project.
Apache Jackrabbit is a project of the Apache Software Foundation.

For more information, visit http://jackrabbit.apache.org/oak

About The Apache Software Foundation
------------------------------------

Established in 1999, The Apache Software Foundation provides organizational,
legal, and financial support for more than 140 freely-available,
collaboratively-developed Open Source projects. The pragmatic Apache License
enables individual and commercial users to easily deploy Apache software;
the Foundation's intellectual property framework limits the legal exposure
of its 3,800+ contributors.

For more information, visit http://www.apache.org/

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.3.9 released

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <mr...@adobe.com>.
Hi Jason,

Oak 1.3.8 was released a while ago and should be available in
public maven repositories.

do you see an error when maven tries to download the dependency?

Regards
 Marcel

Posted by Jason Harrop <jh...@gmail.com>.
Hi,