Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Sandeep Mahendru <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/29 16:41:07 UTC

Gate Framework

Hi ,

  I had been to the http://gate.ac.uk/gate-examples/doc/index.html site.

Thanks for pointing me ot that. It appears they have implemented the a
plugin for Hindi grammer.
I would try to use it.

Initially I was planning on using the JAVA CC for writing the grammer.

I have installed GATE. I would try to use the good features provided by it
too.

Regards,
Sandeep.

Re: Gate Framework

Posted by Sandeep Mahendru <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thnaks for helping me out.

Re: Gate Framework

Posted by Sandeep Mahendru <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Steven,

 Thanks for helping me out. I have now installed a SVN client and downloaded
the latest Lucene Code. I would now start working on implementing an anlyzer
for the Hindi language. I would take the following the logical steps to
achive the same:

  1.  Idnetify the UTF-8 or Unicode charcter set represetning Hindi
language.
  2. Create a sample Hindi Text for indexing and seraching
  3. Define a Grammer using Gate or Java CC for identifying the tokens for
the hindid language.
  4. Implement the Analyzer code and create the correct Tokenzier and
stemfilters or use the existing ones, if any.

     A few years ago I had worked on creating an XPL/Java converter for Blue
Cross Blue shield. XPL is a propertory language which executes on Mainframe
systems. I had then used www.ProGrammar.com to generate grammer definitions.
Anywas that was a programming language.

I would try my best to remain comiited to this effort. I have some project
release deadlines at the end of this month for the Wachovia bank.

Regards,
Sandeep.

Re: Gate Framework

Posted by Steven Rowe <sa...@syr.edu>.
Hi Sandeep,

Re: Gate Framework

Posted by Sandeep Mahendru <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

 Okay the first step is to download the latest SRC code of Lucene.
I have always been using CVS.

But, I see on the Lucene sidte, that the src code is hosted on the SVN
trunk.
I would now install SVN on my laptop.