Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by David Seuferer <se...@ameslab.gov> on 2000/03/08 15:04:08 UTC

general/5842: filedescriptor (236) larger than FD_SETSIZE (128) found

>Number:         5842
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       filedescriptor (236) larger than FD_SETSIZE (128) found
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    apache
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   apache
>Arrival-Date:   Wed Mar 08 06:10:00 PST 2000
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     seuferer@ameslab.gov
>Release:        1.3.12
Hello,
     I have installed Apache 3.1.12 on our NW5 SP4 test box.  I can start
the Apache NLM but when I try and get to the server using a browser, Netscape
4.6, I get a timeout message.  The error_log file has this message in it:

[Mon Mar  6 14:42:47 2000] [warn] make_sock: problem listening on port 80,
filedescriptor (236) larger than FD_SETSIZE (128) found, you probably need
to rebuild Apache with a larger FD_SETSIZE[Mon Mar  6 14:42:47 2000]
[crit] No sockets were created for listening
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
I saw this same error in the FAQ on FreeBSD 2.2 and to fix it you had to
recompile Apache with a larger FD_SETSIZE, but the Netware version came
already compiled.
 [to include <ap...@Apache.Org> in the Cc line and make sure the]