Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Gavin Mabie <ga...@urbannex.co.za> on 2011/04/26 20:18:27 UTC

Startofbiz.sh Ubuntu

Hi

I am attempting an Ununtu (10 ...) installation of Ofbiz and was able to
build with $ sudo ant run-install.  Ofbiz.jar was successfully built and
tables created in the database.  When I try $ sudo ./startofbiz.sh I get a
command not found error.  When I try plain ./startofbiz.sh (without sudo) I
get a permission error.  I can however start with java -jar ofbiz.jar -
although there are some errors that need sorting out.  What could be the
issue?

Gavin

Re: Startofbiz.sh Ubuntu

Posted by Erwan de FERRIERES <er...@nereide.fr>.
Le 26/04/2011 20:37, Gavin Mabie a écrit :
> Not sure what you mean.  My Linux is pathetic.  I'm logging on remotely
> using PuTTy using an allocated uid and pwd.

when using sudo you are working as a super user. This is not a
recommended mode for working.
you should be always using a low permissions account for running OFBiz.

You should then restart what you've already done without the sudo.

--
Erwan de FERRIERES
www.nereide.biz

RE: Startofbiz.sh Ubuntu

Posted by Gavin Mabie <ga...@urbannex.co.za>.
Thanks Jacques

That's done it - I'll check out the security later.

Gavin

I do that everyday and I don't feel pathetic ;o)
Did you try changing chmod on startofbiz.sh to have x for all (for now, you
will handle security later) ?

Jacques

From: "Gavin Mabie" <ga...@urbannex.co.za>

Re: Startofbiz.sh Ubuntu

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <jl...@les7arts.com>.

From: "Gavin Mabie" <ga...@urbannex.co.za>

RE: Startofbiz.sh Ubuntu

Posted by Gavin Mabie <ga...@urbannex.co.za>.
Not sure what you mean.  My Linux is pathetic.  I'm logging on remotely
using PuTTy using an allocated uid and pwd.

Le 26/04/2011 20:18, Gavin Mabie a écrit :
> Hi
>

> I am attempting an Ununtu (10 ...) installation of Ofbiz and was able to
> build with $ sudo ant run-install.  Ofbiz.jar was successfully built and
> tables created in the database.  When I try $ sudo ./startofbiz.sh I get a
> command not found error.  When I try plain ./startofbiz.sh (without sudo)
> get a permission error.  I can however start with java -jar ofbiz.jar -
> although there are some errors that need sorting out.  What could be the
> issue?

why using the root account ?

--
Erwan de FERRIERES
www.nereide.biz

Re: Startofbiz.sh Ubuntu

Posted by Erwan de FERRIERES <er...@nereide.fr>.
Le 26/04/2011 20:18, Gavin Mabie a écrit :
> Hi
>

> I am attempting an Ununtu (10 ...) installation of Ofbiz and was able to
> build with $ sudo ant run-install.  Ofbiz.jar was successfully built and
> tables created in the database.  When I try $ sudo ./startofbiz.sh I get a
> command not found error.  When I try plain ./startofbiz.sh (without sudo) I
> get a permission error.  I can however start with java -jar ofbiz.jar -
> although there are some errors that need sorting out.  What could be the
> issue?

why using the root account ?

--
Erwan de FERRIERES