Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Kevin C <kv...@hotmail.com> on 2012/06/16 12:07:36 UTC

Open Office 3.4 problem

I recently downloaded and installed Open Office 3.4 onto two computers (one running windows 7 and the other windows XP) from your homepage. On both the thesaurus does not work. I tried reinstalling and no luck, still no thesaurus.

Is there a fix available? if not how do I go about reinstalling the previous version?  Thank You.

Re: Open Office 3.4 problem

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.
Hello Kevin,

On Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 06:07:36AM -0400, Kevin C wrote:
> I recently downloaded and installed Open Office 3.4 onto two computers
> (one running windows 7 and the other windows XP) from your homepage.
> On both the thesaurus does not work. I tried reinstalling and no luck,
> still no thesaurus.
>
> Is there a fix available? if not how do I go about reinstalling the
> previous version?  Thank You.

There is a bug with the extensions (different extension using the same
configuration name), so you will have to remove some of them, until we
contact the extensions authors and ask them to fix the issue.

Go to the menu "Tools" - "Extension Manager..." and remove all the
English dictionaries (Canadian, etc), leaving only the one that says

"English spelling and hyphenation dictionaries and thesaurus" 2010.03.16

This should fix the bug.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

Re: Open Office 3.4 problem with black page on left in word processor.

Posted by Bert De Vore <vi...@gmail.com>.
Dan,,Thank you

Re: Open Office 3.4 problem

Posted by Dan <el...@gmail.com>.