Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/02 11:03:12 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1392352 - in /jackrabbit/oak/trunk: oak-core/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/ oak-core/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/core/ oak-core/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/osgi/ oak-core/src/main/java/org/apache/jac

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 10:42 AM, Marcel Reutegger <mr...@adobe.com> wrote:
> I didn't change it because I don't understand why it is currently
> done that way. my first impression was also that one could use
> the NodeStore and NodeStates to manipulate content.
>
> anyone know why it's currently done on the MK directly?

The initialization code dates back to the time when the higher level
tooling was still pretty incomplete and undergoing major changes.
Nowadays it would be better to use the higher level interfaces for
that code.

BR,

Jukka Zitting