Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Sanjiv Kumar <sa...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/08 09:45:08 UTC

How to enable decimal value

Hello I have decimal value in my table. When query through drill data are
rounded off in output.

I have enable planner.enable_decimal_data_type = true in system options.
But still data are not showing in decimal form.

Drill Environment:- OS:- Window 10
                   Version:- 1.9
                   Mode:- embedded mode

--
Thanks & Regards.
Sanjiv Kumar.

Re: How to enable decimal value

Posted by Sanjiv Kumar <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hey..  I got my problem, In select query i am using cast. I have number
value in database and while querying through drill, i have cast it to
bigint, thats why decimal value are not showing in output even after set
planner.enable_decimal_data_type=true.

But after removing cast, expected output came. Thanks for your reply
Khurram.

Posted by Khurram Faraaz <kf...@mapr.com>.
Can you share your query and the results ?

And did you set planner.enable_decimal_data_type=true at session level or system level ?