Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Security Management <li...@secmgmt.com> on 2009/03/04 21:52:37 UTC

Propery way to change getText()'s source

I would like the getText() methods to pull information from a database
"Meaning" table.

Would the proper way to do that be to subclass ActionSupport and
re-implement that interface?  Then, all my actions inherit from
MyActionSupport, and the getText stuff is different.

If that's not the way to do it, what's the best way?

Thanks,
Mike.

Re: Propery way to change getText()'s source

Posted by Wes Wannemacher <we...@wantii.com>.
On Wednesday 04 March 2009 15:52:37 Security Management wrote:
> I would like the getText() methods to pull information from a database
> "Meaning" table.
>
> Would the proper way to do that be to subclass ActionSupport and
> re-implement that interface?  Then, all my actions inherit from
> MyActionSupport, and the getText stuff is different.
>
> If that's not the way to do it, what's the best way?

The best way would be to write your code in a class that implements
TextProvider -

http://struts.apache.org/2.x/struts2-
core/apidocs/com/opensymphony/xwork2/TextProvider.html

Then, specify your class as the text provider bean in your app.

-Wes

--

Wes Wannemacher
Author - Struts 2 In Practice