Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by JC Norman <jc...@perceptive.com> on 2002/01/03 00:54:07 UTC

Turbine and Jetspeed

Is it possible to integrate the TDK with Jetspeed.  I have been using
Jetspeed for a while now and would like to have the functionality that the
TDK offers.

Thanks,
JC Norman
jc@perceptive.com

Re: Turbine and Jetspeed

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Jetspeed existed before the TDK. It has its own build.
We planned on integrating for 1.3a2 release, but we never got around to it.

Jetspeed 1.x is built on Turbine 2.
For Jetspeed 2, we are considering other frameworks at Apache.
I believe Turbine 3 is a good choice.

For the DB-PSML feature, the Torque build is partially integrated with
Jetspeed.
Also, turbine-schema.xml is distributed with Jetspeed, so you can modify the
default Turbine OM (We do not modify the default Turbine schema).

I agree it would be better to build Jetspeed upon the TDK, and I hope we
will do so in Jetspeed 2.

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>