Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Mon Cab <fu...@yahoo.com> on 2005/11/25 07:04:08 UTC

Using message resources to specify value in an button

Does anyone know how to specify what is written on the
submit button using message resources?  I thought it
might be titleKey but when I tried to use that, it
just labelled my submit button "submit".

Re: Using message resources to specify value in an button

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 11/24/05, Mon Cab <fu...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know how to specify what is written on the
> submit button using message resources?  I thought it
> might be titleKey but when I tried to use that, it
> just labelled my submit button "submit".

Try putting it in the body of the submit tag.  (Between <submit> and </submit>.)

--
Wendy

Re: Using message resources to specify value in an button

Posted by nitin mandolkar <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mon Cab

here is the example

And Equivalent Html code generated is like

<input type="submit" name="Submit" tabindex="3" value="Submit">

Thanks.
Nitin Mandolkar.

Posted by Mon Cab <fu...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks Everyone for your help with this.

It's working now.  I opted to nesting <bean:message>
in the submit tag), per Wendy/Frank/Hermod.

Posted by "Frank W. Zammetti" <fz...@omnytex.com>.
Wendy Smoak wrote:
> (Does no one trim their posts anymore?!  That thread is nearly
> impossible to follow with all the quoted-and-re-quoted text.)

I admit I rarely trim a thread when I reply... I personally prefer being
able to look back immediately and see what someone said a few posts back
without having to dig something out of my "deleted" folder or the list
archives.  True, sometimes reading an untrimmed "post trace" is harder
than the alterntive :)

> --
> Wendy

Frank

Re: Using message resources to specify value in an button

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 11/24/05, Frank W. Zammetti <fz...@omnytex.com> wrote:
> I had to ask this same question a day or two ago actually :)  Here's one
> of the two provided solutions... this one seems to me the more
> straight-forward...

Here's the thread:
  http://www.nabble.com/JSTL-messages-problem-t600572.html

Posted by "Frank W. Zammetti" <fz...@omnytex.com>.
I had to ask this same question a day or two ago actually :)  Here's one
of the two provided solutions... this one seems to me the more
straight-forward...

The other approach involved getting the button's text into a variable
via JSTL's <c:set> tag and using that in conjunction with the HTML-EL
taglib.  Details can be dug out of the list archives without much
trouble.  But, like I said, to me the above answer was quite a bit simpler.

Frank

--
Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect