Posted to test-dev@httpd.apache.org by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org> on 2004/03/11 21:04:13 UTC

disabling sticky preferences

hi all

I'm _still_ having problems with sticky preferences.  unfortunately, I don't
have the time atm to locate the specifics, but basically I was trying to
compile a 1.3 static build (without mod_so) using -httpd.  while A-T found
the proper httpd, LoadModule statements that pointed to my last 2.0 install
were still being generated.

so, with my developer hat on I'd like to see the problem fixed.  maybe next
week I'll reproduce and track it down.

but with my user hat on I'm starting to get really irked by all of this.
really, I don't want sticky preferences and never did (as a user, remember
:).  so, can we perhaps support $ENV{APACHE_TEST_NO_STICKY_PREFERENCES} as a
way to totally disable them - no attempting to load ~/.apache-test/, no
generation of ~/.apache-test/, etc?

--Geoff

Re: disabling sticky preferences

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Geoffrey Young wrote:

> Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>>Geoffrey Young wrote:
>>

>>>hi all
>>>
>>>I'm _still_ having problems with sticky preferences.  unfortunately, I
>>>don't
>>>have the time atm to locate the specifics, but basically I was trying to
>>>compile a 1.3 static build (without mod_so) using -httpd.  while A-T
>>>found
>>>the proper httpd, LoadModule statements that pointed to my last 2.0
>>>install
>>>were still being generated.
>>

>>probably because of apxs and httpd mismatch?
>

> yes.  IIRC it got httpd right but APXS (note the caps) was carried over.

Right, I saw a similar problem and tried to deal with it, but I guess there
are more variations to it. I hope you can give me a case to reproduce.

Ideally we should have only either httpd or apxs, but not both.

> I think it's actually a bit more than that.  just adding it there still
> saves away ~/.apache-test/ for the run, even if it didn't exist initially.
> what I wanted was a way to toally avoid it from the outset. anyway, I think
> this patch does the trick, but you would know better than I would whether it
> is enough.

I thought what you cared for is not to load the custom config. but sure, your
patch is fine, +1.

Re: disabling sticky preferences

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.