Posted to dev@edgent.apache.org by Dale LaBossiere <dm...@gmail.com> on 2017/10/02 15:06:03 UTC

Re: Jenkins Multibranch Pipeline Plugin

Nice.  Seems like DEVELOPMENT.md’s Jenkins chapter should capture this sort of info?

Under what conditions do these Jenkins builds run, nightly, upon new commit...? What happens when a build fails? (thinking of transient failures)

What's the scoop with our “master” branch and how it's handled?  When/how is “develop” used?

With our gradle tooling our release process creates a release-x.y.z branch… which is never removed.
What's the relationship of these release/* branches to that… their role and lifetime?

Thanks,
— Dale