Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Francesc Guasch <fr...@oasyssoft.com> on 2000/11/30 17:41:04 UTC

empty or incomplete page returned

I'm building a web application using mod_perl. Sometimes when I
do tests using a slow connection I get empty pages returned.
This doesn't happen from the local net.

The server used for the test isn't tuned and it has low cpu and ram.
Could this be the reason of that bad behaviour ?

Returning the content-length field to the browser would solve this ?

Re: empty or incomplete page returned

Posted by Perrin Harkins <pe...@primenet.com>.
On Thu, 30 Nov 2000, Francesc Guasch wrote:
> I'm building a web application using mod_perl. Sometimes when I
> do tests using a slow connection I get empty pages returned.
> This doesn't happen from the local net.
>
> The server used for the test isn't tuned and it has low cpu and ram.
> Could this be the reason of that bad behaviour ?
>
> Returning the content-length field to the browser would solve this ?

You are either having some kind of error on the server (check the
error_log) or the connection is timing out.
- Perrin

Re: empty or incomplete page returned

Posted by "G.W. Haywood" <ge...@www.jubileegroup.co.uk>.
Hi there,

On Thu, 30 Nov 2000, Francesc Guasch wrote:

> I'm building a web application using mod_perl. Sometimes when I
> do tests using a slow connection I get empty pages returned.
> This doesn't happen from the local net.

Do your logs shed any light?

> The server used for the test isn't tuned and it has low cpu and ram.
> Could this be the reason of that bad behaviour ?

Don't think so, unless you're getting segfaults in the logs or something.
Could you give just a little more information...?

> Returning the content-length field to the browser would solve this ?

Don't think so.

73,
Ged.