Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Vijay Pawar <vs...@orgltd.com> on 2003/06/12 10:47:26 UTC

redirecting startup exception trace to a file

Hi,

I am using tomcat 4.1.18 on windows 2000

I have recently added a new webapp (struts-example-2002-06-11.war) to my
webapps directory.

Now when i restarted tomcat, there are lots and lots of exceptions being
thrown but before i can read them they get overwritten in the dos window.

I wish to send all these errors to a log file so that I can read it and
see what caused these errors.

How can we redirect the tomcat startup exceptions trace to a file ?

Thanking in advance,
Vijay Pawar

Re: redirecting startup exception trace to a file

Posted by Vijay Pawar <vs...@orgltd.com>.
?Hi domnic
Thanks for your suggestion.

I tried the following command

c:\tomcat\bin> catalina run > out.txt
c:\tomat\bin> catalina start >out.txt

but in both cases only 4 lines getting written to the out.txt
Using CATALINA_BASE:   C:\TOMCAT
Using CATALINA_HOME:   C:\TOMCAT
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: C:\TOMCAT\temp
Using JAVA_HOME:       C:\J2SDK1.4.1_01
Starting service Tomcat-Standalone
Apache Tomcat/4.1.18

After this all the trace comes in a new dos window ( in case of catalina
start command ) or in the same dos window ( in case of catalina run
command)

But in both the cases the exceptions are not going to the file out.txt
pls help

vijay

Posted by Dominic Parry <do...@rucus.ru.ac.za>.
Hi Vijay