Posted to sysadmins@spamassassin.apache.org by "Kevin A. McGrail" <ke...@mcgrail.com> on 2017/09/13 11:23:57 UTC

Re: masscheck sync server down?

On 9/13/2017 5:28 AM, Tom Hendrikx wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This morning, masscheck gives me this error while syncing the initial
> data (i.e. not the results):
>
> Syncing nightly_mass_check
> rsync: safe_read failed to read 1 bytes [Receiver]: Connection reset by
> peer (104)
> rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(276)
> [Receiver=3.1.1]
> ERROR: rsync failure 12, aborting...
>
> Kind regards,
>
> 	Tom

Thanks Tom, one of the issues we've been struggling with is the
stability of that box.  It's a VM but the overall switch to Ubuntu and
the lack of swap space has made some of our processes be auto-killed.
And last time it hung the box.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-15078 is open and really
appreciate you responding.  I was just looking for the reports from the
machine.

Regards,
KM

Re: masscheck sync server down?

Posted by Dave Jones <da...@apache.org>.
I received monitoring alerts all night and was just about to check the
box but I guess I was too late.  :)

Dave