Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Luis <lm...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2017/07/19 16:28:18 UTC

CloudStack with advance networking

Hi
I am trying to set up CS with advance networking. This is what i have
1 server with CS Manager1 XenServer as node1 FreeNas for the primary and secondary1 Cisco 3560
My question is, how do i have to create the vlans, is there any special configuration? Can some one give me an example?
Thank you.

Re: CloudStack with advance networking

Posted by ilya <il...@gmail.com>.
Luis

Please layout your configuration.

number of hosts
nics per host - any bonding?
type of hypervisor
clustered storage or local storage
network layout
do you want a simplified (firewall and ACL rules arent handled by
cloudstack) or do you want cloudstack to support it?

Depending on what it is you targeting - we have many community members
who specialize in specific setups.

Posted by Dag Sonstebo <Da...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Luis,

You’ve not told us how you have wired your lab – in particular how many NICs you have in your XenServer and how you plan on using them.

If you can elaborate we should be in a better position to advise.

To answer your question – VLANs all depend – if you only have a single host you will not need to have your guest VLANs traverse your network hence your setup is relatively simple. You may need to organise a VLAN for your public traffic though – again all depends on how your lab is wired.

Regards,
Dag Sonstebo
Cloud Architect
ShapeBlue