Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Colin Young <co...@travelgator.com> on 2007/04/06 03:51:31 UTC

Problems installing 3rd party jar

I"m trying to install a third-party jar so that I can add a reference to
it. I've used the following command-line:

mvn install:install-file -Dfile=csvjdbc-1.0.0.jar -DgroupId=relique
-DartifactId=csvjdbc -Dversion=1.0.0 -Dpackaging=jar

but when I try to add a reference (in Eclipse) I can't find the jar to
add a reference to it. Am I missing a step somewhere?

Thanks for any tips.

Colin

RE: Problems installing 3rd party jar

Posted by Colin Young <co...@travelgator.com>.
I did a 'mvn package' and that seems to have solved the issue.

It looks like it's a bug or feature of the Eclipse Maven plugin. I'll
have to do some research from that end.

Thank you Franz for giving me a push in the right direction. After a
couple of frustrating evenings trying to get Maven to work, I think I
"get it" now, and I've got things running nicely.

Posted by franz see <fr...@gmail.com>.
Good day to you, Colin,