Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jim Jagielski <ji...@devsys.jaguNET.com> on 1999/06/23 16:02:43 UTC

Moving the mpm files from modules/mpm_whatever to modules/mpm/whatever

Later today I will be commiting my change to the module implementation.
As mentioned, the big reason is to allow for greater depths in
the modules directory thus making organizing modules easier.
I'll first commit to the apache-2.0 tree and then the apache-1.3 tree.
It won't effect the current method of how it currently works. For
single depth dirs, it simplifies to exactly what we have now.

The thing is, for the apache-2.0 tree, this involves basically

	mkdir mpm/src/modules/mpm
	mv mpm/src/modules/mpm_prefork mpm/src/modules/mpm/mpm_prefork
	.
	.
	.

So things will be moved a bit. Let me know if that causes problems
for anyone. I'll do it later today around 7pm eastern unless there's
vetos :)

RE: Moving the mpm files from modules/mpm_whatever to modules/mpm/whatever

Posted by Randy Terbush <ra...@covalent.net>.
Can we consider making this a 1.4 branch decision?

We are seriously abusing the "stable software" idea between minor
version changes. If we are going to make these kinds of sweeping
changes, I would like to know that we are making a decision to do 1.4
or 2.0 or something other than 1.3.383203838.

http://www.jaguNET.com/