Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Shawn Heisey <so...@elyograg.org> on 2013/10/13 03:03:38 UTC

Embedded zookeeper (zkRun) - SolrPort+1000?

The wiki and the ref guide both say that Solr's embedded zookeeper will
default to SolrPort+1001 ... but that would result in a typical port of
9984.  All the examples show 9983.  I also checked the source code
(SolrZkServer), and it does appear to actually use +1000.

I'm pretty sure that changing the source code to +1001 would be a bad
idea, that we actually want to update the documentation.  I'm ready to
update the wiki and the ref guide, but before I do so, I would just like
to throw this out for sanity checking.  Is that the correct path?

Thanks,
Shawn

Re: Embedded zookeeper (zkRun) - SolrPort+1000?

Posted by Cassandra Targett <ca...@gmail.com>.
When I first read this I thought, "I am 99.9% sure that the ref guide
and the wiki say Solr port +1000", but I checked again and both say
that do in the place I was thinking of...but another place (the
parameter reference) says Solr port +1001.

So, +1 to fixing both sources to be consistent. I'll do it if you
don't get to it.