Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/29 21:55:35 UTC

Fwd: [ftpserver] how to build the ftpServer

Forgot to "reply-all"...

>  1. trunk is unstable, tests might breaks (this is the current solution)

 As soon as we don't have released a version yet, this is an acceptable
 situation, as soon as it's not permanent.

 The idea is to reach a point where the trunk builds, and then switch
 to branches when adding new features.

 What is not acceptable (but we see that from time to time=) is that
 trunk can't build just because we are adding new features, when it has
 build before. This means that we *must* check that trunk build before
 committing new code, or merging an branch into code.

 >  2. Current trunk is moved to a branch, no trunk exists

 This is what we call 'incubation'

 >  3. The 1.4 branch (which will see no further development unless
 >  someone steps up) is promoted to trunk and the current trunk is moved
 >  into a branch

 This is another option. If the 1.4 branch was building, and that the
 trunk is just a new version but using 1.5, then this is what should
 have been done :
  - a branch should have been created for 1.5
  - when the 1.5 branch would build, it then should have been promoted to trunk

 But it seems we missed this step.

 So from now on, and as we didn't released yet, I would say : go for
 option 1 but try to fix the problem asap.

 Cordialement,
 Emmanuel Lécharny
 www.iktek.com

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: [ftpserver] how to build the ftpServer

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
Quick update. Turns out the last failing tests was simple to fix so
the project now builds on my machine. That is, expect for commons-net
that has two failures. We bring in the project due to no snapshots
being available. I'll try to persuade them into publishing a snapshot
so that we can rid of the import.

>From now on, please report test failures as JIRA issues and I'll get
working on them. Make sure to include your environment.

/niklas