Posted to xindice-dev@xml.apache.org by "Armbrust, Daniel C." <Ar...@mayo.edu> on 2002/05/03 16:30:06 UTC

timeline?

Two quick timeline related questions:

How far off (roughly) is adding security to xindice?  Does anyone have
suggestions on what could be used to secure content now, until the real
security is implemented?

Does anyone have plans of fixing the disabled gzip options, and again, how
far away?  Could someone who is a newbie to the code easily fix the gzip
problems, or does it need a lot of work to make it work correctly?

Thanks,

Dan

Re: timeline?

Posted by Kimbro Staken <ks...@xmldatabases.org>.
On Friday, May 3, 2002, at 07:30 AM, Armbrust, Daniel C. wrote:

> Two quick timeline related questions:
>
> How far off (roughly) is adding security to xindice?  Does anyone have
> suggestions on what could be used to secure content now, until the real
> security is implemented?

I think we'll have very primitive security in 1.1. Unfortunately, no one
is currently working on anything more in depth so we definitely need help
here.

For now you have to use a firewall to protect it.

> Does anyone have plans of fixing the disabled gzip options, and again, how
> far away?  Could someone who is a newbie to the code easily fix the gzip
> problems, or does it need a lot of work to make it work correctly?

There aren't any plans to fix it. Tom is the only person who knows any
details about why it doesn't work. All I know is that it caused corruption
at times when we used it.

> Thanks,
>
> Dan

Kimbro Staken