Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by "White, Tim" <Ti...@qwest.com> on 2008/04/10 23:24:47 UTC

XML Parse Error on toolbox.xml

For some reason, even though my toolbox.xml hasn't changed in a long
time, I'm seeing these errors from time to time when trying to load
toolbox.xml.

Some research that I've done seems to indicate that it might be related
to the schema declaration at the top of the file.

 I've pasted in my toolbox.xml at the bottom of this message.  The weird
thing is that it's complaining about column 55 of line 1, but the last
column of line 1 is column 22.  I'm suspecting that it might be trying
to load the wrong file, and I'm following up on that angle as well.  But
I thought I'd see if anyone had seen this.

Thanks,

Tim

------------

 <Parse Fatal Error at line 1 column 55: White spaces are required
between publicId and systemId.
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: White spaces are required between
publicId and systemId.
        at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXPar
seException(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:236)
        at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.fatalError(E
rrorHandlerWrapper.java:215)
        at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(XML
ErrorReporter.java:386)
        at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(XML
ErrorReporter.java:316)
        at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLScanner.reportFatalError(XMLS
canner.java:1438)
        at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLScanner.scanExternalID(XMLSca
nner.java:1024)
        at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.scanDocty
peDecl(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:595)
        at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$PrologDis
patcher.dispatch(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:860)
        at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.s
canDocument(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:368)
        at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML1
1Configuration.java:834)
        at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML1
1Configuration.java:764)
        at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.jav
a:148)
        at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Abstr
actSAXParser.java:1242)
        at
weblogic.xml.jaxp.WebLogicXMLReader.parse(WebLogicXMLReader.java:133)
        at
weblogic.xml.jaxp.RegistryXMLReader.parse(RegistryXMLReader.java:153)
        at
org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1567)
        at
org.apache.velocity.tools.view.XMLToolboxManager.load(XMLToolboxManager.
java:211)

-----------

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<toolbox>
  <tool>
    <key>alternator</key>
    <scope>application</scope>
    <class>org.apache.velocity.tools.generic.AlternatorTool</class>
  </tool>
  <tool>
    <key>date</key>
    <scope>application</scope>
    <class>org.apache.velocity.tools.generic.DateTool</class>
  </tool>
  <tool>
    <key>esc</key>
    <scope>application</scope>
    <class>org.apache.velocity.tools.generic.EscapeTool</class>
  </tool>
  <tool>
    <key>mill</key>
    <scope>application</scope>
    <class>org.apache.velocity.tools.generic.IteratorTool</class>
  </tool>
  <tool>
    <key>lists</key>
    <scope>application</scope>
    <class>org.apache.velocity.tools.generic.ListTool</class>
  </tool>
  <tool>
    <key>math</key>
    <scope>application</scope>
    <class>org.apache.velocity.tools.generic.MathTool</class>
  </tool>
  <tool>
    <key>number</key>
    <scope>application</scope>
    <class>org.apache.velocity.tools.generic.NumberTool</class>
  </tool>
  <tool>
    <key>sorter</key>
    <scope>application</scope>
    <class>org.apache.velocity.tools.generic.SortTool</class>
  </tool>
</toolbox>