Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Iain Fogg <ia...@westnet.com.au> on 2006/10/28 01:43:23 UTC

Hazmat and other data

Hi all,

Does anyone know if it is safe to delete/not install hazmat, model year,
and equipment class data?

I am loading (or trying to load) a clean OFBiz installation with only
the seed data and the data for my application/installation. A quick
google and grep of the code suggest that the hazmat product feature data
has all sorts of application components depending on it, but the
question is can I delete it and not have anything break? I don't mind if
my installation has no hazmat functionality because hazmat isn't
important to me. My concern is that there is functionality that *is*
important but its implementation relies on the hazmat data being there.

The same question applies to model year and equipment class data.

This is not a huge deal. The only part that I've noticed that "pollutes"
the user interface is Advanced Search. I get options to parameterize
searches on hazmat, model year, and equipment class, but these are
meaningless to me. Oh, and if I want to add additional features to my
products I have to learn to ignore these in the drop downs.

Cheers, Iain

Re: Hazmat and other data

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>.
The only way to really find out is to give it a try... If you don't
have any products using these features, it should be okay though.

-David