Posted to dev@pivot.apache.org by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/06 12:33:40 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release Pivot 2.0.3 - Round 2

Hi all,
this is my vote:

> [x] +1 Publish

Test Platform: Windows XP, Windows 7
Oracle JDK 6 Update 38 (32 bit), and Java Runtime 7 Update 17 (32 bit)
inside Chrome 26 , Firefox 20 , Internet Explorer 8

- review digital sign on all asc files, using PGP / GPG
- review RAT reports
- check correctness of the tag in subversion

Tests on Binary:

- check md5 on apache-pivot-2.0.3.zip

- check that root files are good (README, LICENSE, BUILD, RELEASE-NOTES,
etc)
- open and inspect all pivot jars to ensure the content is right
- open javadoc index, and tested some random pages
- deploy demos and tutorials wars in a local tomcat 6.0.36 instance,
and verify that:
the two web applications are working,
that all links are good (pages, applets, web start applications),
and that all pages have the right content inside

Tests on Sources:

- check md5 on apache-pivot-2.0.3-src.zip

- check that root files are good (README, LICENSE, BUILD, RELEASE-NOTES,
etc)
- build test environment: ant-1.8.4, junit-4.8.2, maven-3.0.4,
maven-ant-tasks-2.1.3
- execute the following ant commands with JDK 6 Update 38:
clean, dist, clean, install, maven-install, and ensure that all works good
- inspected generated artifacts (zip, jars)
- inspected installed artifacts in a local maven repository

Bye,
Sandro