Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Sujatha Arun <su...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/09 13:25:40 UTC

Multicore -Create new Core request errors

Hello,

When I issue this query to create a new Solr Core , I get the error message
HTTP Status 500 - Can't find resource 'solrconfig.xml' in classpath or
'/home/searchuser/searchinstances/multi_core_prototype/solr/conf/

http://
<server_ip:port>/multi_core_prototype/admin/cores?action=CREATE&name=coreX&instanceDir=/home/searchuser/searchinstances/multi_core_prototype/solr/coreX

I believe that the schema and and solrcongfig are optional.

I have the default cores - core0 and core1 in solr1.3 version. what should
be the path of solrconfig ,shld it refer to path of the schema in existing
core and can I expect to see the conf folder in the new core?

Regards
Sujatha