Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net> on 2009/10/10 17:52:40 UTC

Jira Issues: More than half are bugs?!

Hi all,

I have just looked into what jira issues are open at the moment. There
are some things I found.
More than half of the open issues are bugs (54%). Of these about 50% are
older than one year.
Do we really have that many open bugs? I somehow suspect many of these
bugs are either not relevant anymore.

So my proposal is to comment on each issue and ask that the reporter
checks if the bug is still present and that each
issue with no reply for say a month will be closed. Then after a month
we close all issues with no replys.

What do you think?

Greetings

Christian

See issues by type:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/RunPortlet.jspa?portletKey=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.portlets:projectstats&projectid=12310511&showclosed=false&sortDirection=asc&sortOrder=natural&statistictype=issuetype

--

Christian Schneider
---

Re: Jira Issues: More than half are bugs?!

Posted by Alessio Soldano <as...@redhat.com>.
Btw just a few days ago I closed a couple of stale issues regarding
WS-RM and JBossWS integration that were created at the time of 2.0.x.
Richard is going to deal with the remaining ones soon to see if they're
still valid or not.

>> My suggestion is to close these issues with a comment like this:
>> "This issue is closed because there was no activity for a long time. If
>> this issue is still relevant to you feel free to reopen."
>>
>> This would be better than keeping the issue open without anyone being
>> able to resolve it.
>>

> For a couple that I reviewed, I did re-ask for more details and then noted
> them in my notes so if there isn't  a response in a week or so, I'll resolve
> them.    Probably could do similar for others.
>
> Doing stuff to reduce the open count is good.   :-)

+1

Cheers
Alessio

--
Alessio Soldano
Web Service Lead, JBoss

Re: Jira Issues: More than half are bugs?!

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Sat October 10 2009 4:43:37 pm Christian Schneider wrote:
> My suggestion is to close these issues with a comment like this:
> "This issue is closed because there was no activity for a long time. If
> this issue is still relevant to you feel free to reopen."
>
> This would be better than keeping the issue open without anyone being
> able to resolve it.

For a couple that I reviewed, I did re-ask for more details and then noted
them in my notes so if there isn't  a response in a week or so, I'll resolve
them.    Probably could do similar for others.

Doing stuff to reduce the open count is good.   :-)

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: Jira Issues: More than half are bugs?!

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
I've done that to a bunch that sort of had my name on them. I could go
hunting for more...

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.

--

Christian Schneider