Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Xingbo Huang <hx...@gmail.com> on 2022/08/09 11:19:42 UTC

[SUMMARY] Flink 1.16 release sync of 2022-08-09

Hi everyone,

I would like to give you a brief update of the Flink 1.16 release sync
meating of 2022-08-09.

* Currently, we have 40 features that have been completed for this release
and 6 features are still expected to make it (PS: Most of them are already
reviewed and are just waiting for the CI pass).

* We plan to announce feature freeze on 9th of August 2022, end of business
CEST. If you need an exception to this rule, please open a discussion on
dev@ list and reach out to us.

* Currently, we still have many new features that do not provide
corresponding documentation. Please complete them as soon as possible,
otherwise it will not be conducive to our cross-team testing.

* After feature freeze, we will start the work of preparing release notes
and testing.

* Some of our new features' umbrella JIRAs are only partially included in
1.16. For the child JIRAs that are not included in this release, we will
move them to a new umbrella, which is beneficial to view the status of the
feature.

* There are still some critical/blocker stability tickets[1] that need to
be resolved.

For more information about Flink release 1.16, you can refer to
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/1.16+Release

The next Flink release sync will be on Tuesday the 16th of August at 9am
CEST/ 3pm China Standard Time / 7am UTC. The link could be found on the
following page
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/1.16+Release#id-1.16Release-Syncmeeting
.

On behalf of all the release managers,