Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Richard Freilich <rf...@vertex.tor.hookup.net> on 1996/02/21 23:55:31 UTC

Seeking Help

I know this is (probably) not the correct place to be sending this to,
however I have a problem that I figured somebody out there would be able
to answer.

I am running Apache 1.0.? on a BSDI box - trying to get a server side
include to send command line arguments to a CGI.

When I have:

<!--#exec cgi="/cgi-bin/new-count"-->
everything works fine.

<!--#exec cgi="/cgi-bin/new-count?"-->
works fine

<!--#exec cgi="/cgi-bin/new-count?w"-->
or anything else after the ? causes an error of:

The error_log shows:
Wed Feb 21 17:42:59 1996] invalid CGI ref /cgi-bin/new-count ?w in
/usr/users/rfreilic/www-docs/default.html

The error has nothing at all to do with the CGI, as I commented out
everything in the CGI except for a single print statement in order to cut
down on the number of variables.

Any assistance is always helpful, but thus far, I don't see any way of
sending arguments to a CGI called from a server side include.

--
E-mail: rfreilic@hookup.net	       HookUp Communication Corporation

******* The more things change, the more they stay the same... ********