Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by David Medinets <da...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/15 22:44:42 UTC

tserver.readahead.concurrent.max set to 64 but only running 32 at most.

When tserver.readahead.concurrent.max was set to its default setting, the
load on our tservers was fairly low. So I changed accumulo-site.xml so the
max is 64. (Go for the gusto!) Then restarted the tservers to ensure the
change was picked up.

New queries are now running 32 concurrent scans on each server with several
scans waiting in the queue. Is there some other accumulo parameter that I
need to set to get more than 32 concurrent scans? Is something else
affecting the scans?

Re: tserver.readahead.concurrent.max set to 64 but only running 32 at most.

Posted by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>.
On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 2:14 PM, David Medinets <da...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Thanks. I double-checked our system by running config in the shell (as
> opposed looking in the configuration file). The config command reported a
> 'system' override of 32. So that explains the limit that I saw. I'm not
> sure where that 'system' override came from.

Thats coming from a system config set in the shell, which is stored in
zookeeper.

Posted by David Medinets <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Eric Newton <er...@gmail.com>.
tserver.scan.files.open.max