Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by John ORourke <jo...@o-rourke.org> on 2007/05/07 17:35:09 UTC

Apache::DProf - can tmon.out files be merged?

Hi folks,

I just discovered Frank's article on debugging mod_perl... man have I
been coding in the dark ages!

I need to run it on a production server and can't keep the no. of
children at 1, so does anyone know if the tmon.out files from all the
apache children can be merged somehow?

It looks like I could try concatenating all the 'PART2' bits of the
files except that the tick counts go up throughout the file.  Anyone know?

cheers
John

Re: Apache::DProf - can tmon.out files be merged?

Posted by Perrin Harkins <pe...@elem.com>.
On 5/7/07, John ORourke <jo...@o-rourke.org> wrote:
> I need to run it on a production server and can't keep the no. of
> children at 1, so does anyone know if the tmon.out files from all the
> apache children can be merged somehow?

You can just analyze the output from any one of the child processes.
Be careful though -- it has a very heavy performance penalty.  You
really should try to find another way to do it, rather than running it
live on your production server.

- Perrin