Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Stevo Slavić <ss...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/11 12:16:38 UTC

tomcat-dbcp interceptors

Hello Tomcat users,

I have couple of tomcat-dbcp related questions:

1) Can tomcat-dbcp be used outside of tomcat e.g. in non-web apps?
2) If yes, are all features available as when used within tomcat?
3) Most importantly are custom interceptors supported when tomcat-dbcp
is used outside tomcat?
4) Can custom interceptor influence/extend connection validation?
Would like not only to configure validation query but also to add
extra logic which would process result of the query.
5) Are there any examples, documentation, blog posts showing
implementations of custom interceptors?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Stevo.

Re: tomcat-dbcp interceptors

Posted by Daniel Mikusa <dm...@vmware.com>.
Stevo,

OK, in the context of tomcat-jdbc, your questions do make more sense.
Glad you were able to find the answers.

BTW, I would strongly recommend tomcat-jdbc over DBCP.  Been working
with it for a while and it's very nice.

Dan

Posted by Stevo Slavić <ss...@gmail.com>.
Hello Daniel,