Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Dodd Gatsos <do...@gatsystems.com> on 2001/06/23 00:59:56 UTC

Can only send mail here.

So it appears that I can only send mail to this mail list.  Hotmail times out connecting on port 25.  wallstreetxl returns invalid domain gatsystems.com.  Only mail to jakarta.apache.org succeeds.

Is there a logical explaination?

Dodd

Re: Can only send mail here.

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.
I know hotmail times out frequently, but I can't say what's going on with
gatsystems.com.  Without testing more domains, I can't really say whether
the fault is James, or just the state of the remote servers.

The fact that you're getting different errors for each host leads me to
think they are valid error responses.  If you were getting the same message
for 10 different domains, then I would think that you are seeing a bogus
error message.

Maybe get a few more free mail accounts (Yahoo!, excite, etc..) or otherwise
try delivering to more hosts.

Serge Knystautas
Loki Technologies
http://www.lokitech.com/