Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by "Jamie G." <ja...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/15 06:14:29 UTC

[ANN] Apache Karaf version 3.0.0.RC1 Released!

The Apache Karaf team is pleased to announce the release of Karaf
version 3.0.0.RC1

!! This is a technology preview release of Apache Karaf, and should
NOT be considered production ready !!

Apache Karaf is a small OSGi distribution which provides a ready to
use container for server side applications.

Apache Karaf 3.0.0.RC1 represents a major refactoring of the project,
and includes numerous new features. We ask that users provide the
community with their feed back so that the full Apache Karaf 3.0.0
release can be as feature complete and stable as possible.

  http://karaf.apache.org/

This release is available from http://karaf.apache.org/downloads and Maven:

  <dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.karaf</groupId>
    <artifactId>apache-karaf</artifactId>
    <version>3.0.0.RC1</version>
  </dependency>

Release Notes:
http://karaf.apache.org/index/community/download/karaf-3.0.0.RC1-release.html

Dependencies Table:
http://karaf.apache.org/index/documentation/karaf-dependencies/karaf-deps-3.0.x.html

Enjoy!

-The Apache Karaf team

Re: [ANN] Apache Karaf version 3.0.0.RC1 Released!

Posted by "Jamie G." <ja...@gmail.com>.
I use a script to build the release notes, it doesn't take into
consideration that some dependencies have been updated multiple times
on the way to 3.0.0.RC1. On our usual update releases I try to had a
note "recorded for historical purposes" or the like, however with 964
entries in this RC I didn't go through that manual process. My
apologies for any confusion while reading the notes.

Cheers,
Jamie

Posted by Ryan Moquin <fr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
FYI,

I fixed this issue: I updated the scm-publish Maven configuration to not
alter the manual and subproject folders.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [ANN] Apache Karaf version 3.0.0.RC1 Released!

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Guofeng Zhang <gu...@avaya.com>.
Great job.