Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net> on 2020/01/06 16:10:38 UTC

Re: [OT] Tomcat 9 does not allow to read file in /tmp folder with 777 permission?

Zahid,

On 1/4/20 20:26, zahid wrote:

> Actually this is *one of many *punishments following the sin of
> choosing *.nix
>
> and not Microsoft Windows.
>
> Have ever heard of "*chmod*" in windows ?
>
> MS windows trust you with your machine.
>
> You bought it , you paid for it , you own it.
>

> although you have many ways of installing software.
>
> apt , apt-get yum , blah blah.
>
> You need to familiarise yourself with *find  / -name java* *  ,
> which java*  because you have no idea where the installer installed
> the software you just installed on "your machine",
>
> Have ever heard of *which* or *find* in windows ?
>

> you can be in a directory in one terminal and delete it form
> another terminal .
>
> Is that  linux security  feature ?
>
> can you do the same  in windows  ?
>
> what are others benefits you can enjoy in MS Windows because of
> this particular behaviour is not same in MS Windows ?
>
> After you deleted the directory you are in from somewhere else you
> will end up in trash literally.
>
> why  is this same unique  behaviour in Unix which came after
> Linux.
>

> you see anything what's wrong with this ? can you see the missing
> the /r /n
>
> manifest.txt
>
> Main-Class:/classname /
>
> why does manifest.text must have /r {carriage} or  /n {newline}.
>
> Is it because jvm.dll it was written in C. C programming language
> also has the same feature.
>

> why is there three ways to do same thing  ?
>
> java - cp
>
> java - classpath
>
> java - class-path

LOL this is the first time I've seen a pro-MS rant saying that running
Java on Windows is easier.

I didn't understand any individual point. Just the general hatred for
*NIX. What was the point of this post, again?

- -chris

Re: [OT] Tomcat 9 does not allow to read file in /tmp folder with 777 permission?

Posted by Zahid Rahman <za...@gmail.com>.
 >Point The email header says  I tried 777.

There are common commands used on  *.nix  which are never used Ms-windows.
That's one of them.

It is not rant. It is sarcasm.

 I use " find"  all the time when I don't ever need it on windows.