Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by JigarP <ji...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/31 04:27:51 UTC

Remove specific Topic from Activemq

Hi,

   I have got Activemq and Spring working with my application and now i am
thinking from performace /memory consumption related issues in my
application. I want to delete specific topic from activemq when my work is
completed for specific topic. i also checked JMS api for doing this but i
did not get any clue. please provide me help to remove topic from Activemq.
and also one more thing that how can we improve performace of activemq real
time.

e.g lets say I have topic name = "ABC"+userId  in my application. this topic
will be specific to user. so when user logged out from application then we
should also remove  "ABC"+userId  topic from activemq.

Jigar

Re: Remove specific Topic from Activemq

Posted by JigarP <ji...@gmail.com>.
Hi james,

    I am having realtime and critical application. I need to create
destination on the basis of the requirement. and it is increasing day by
day. usage of the specific destination is for sometime only not for long
time. so i think when there is no need of destination(topic) then why should
we keep it in activemq. as it also contains all the messages which we have
delivered on that topic. why should we give load to activemq.

regarding your link for removal of topic. As i am using Spring JMS API to
interact with Activemq so is it possible that using Spring API we can remove
topic? or can we have sample code through which we can decide that how can i
remove topic from activemq.

Jigar

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.