Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org> on 2005/10/22 21:04:33 UTC

M2 ant tasks, remote repository upload

Hi,

I'm trying to finish off my fun with the M2 ant tasks with remote
repository upload. When I try any urls of the type
ftp://
scpexe://
scp://

I get told that these are Unsupported Protocols; there is no wagon
supporting thm.

-What are the supported protocols out the box for remote deployment, and
what extra JARS do I need in ant's libdir for them to work.

-How are people expected to add new wagons to ant ?

-How are ant developers expected to know what a wagon is?

Re: M2 ant tasks, remote repository upload

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Sorry, I hadn't updated the documentation after doing this.

There are two alternatives:
1) add the wagon and its dependencies to the classpath (eg, wagon-ssh
and jsch; wagon-ftp and commons-net)
2) use <artifact:addProvider artifactId="wagon-ssh" version="1.0-alpha-5" />

The latter is what would be documented (an example is in the sample script).

Cheers,
Brett