Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@bristowhill.com> on 2004/08/11 23:07:43 UTC

tabs.xml: How to implement a second row of tabs

Greetings,

I would like to produce a second row of tabs as is documented in
http://forrest.apache.org/docs/your-project.html#tabs.xml :

 <tab label="Apache XML Projects" href="http://xml.apache.org">
    <tab label="Forrest" href="http://forrest.apache.org/"/>
    <tab label="Xerces" href="http://xml.apache.org/xerces"/>
  </tab>

I cut and pasted that exact text into my tabs.xml file. But 'forrest
site' throws the following error:

    validate-xdocs:

/home/jta/forrest/mysite/src/documentation/content/xdocs/tabs.xml:23:9:
The content of element type "tab" must match "EMPTY".

This is line 23:

     </tab>

Can anyone help?

many thanks,

 -jean

Re: tabs.xml: How to implement a second row of tabs

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Jean T. Anderson wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I would like to produce a second row of tabs as is documented in
> http://forrest.apache.org/docs/your-project.html#tabs.xml :
>
> <tab label="Apache XML Projects" href="http://xml.apache.org">
>    <tab label="Forrest" href="http://forrest.apache.org/"/>
>    <tab label="Xerces" href="http://xml.apache.org/xerces"/>
>  </tab>
>
> I cut and pasted that exact text into my tabs.xml file. But 'forrest
> site' throws the following error:
>
>    validate-xdocs:
>
> /home/jta/forrest/mysite/src/documentation/content/xdocs/tabs.xml:23:9:
> The content of element type "tab" must match "EMPTY".
>
> This is line 23:
>
>     </tab>

The error means that while validatinng the tabs file, Forrest found out
that it did not conform to the DTD.

Since IIUC you are following the example, it must be that the DTD
specified is not correct.

Look in the source of the forrest docs for a real life example.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -